I had to tear down the brick so I can replace it with more brick. Unfortunately, when I was 12ish, I was a girl on a budget. And I could get wood glue in copious quantities for free. Everything I put into that dollhouse is now permanent. Dammit. So with a ball-peen and putty knife I'm prying like an idiot, sweating like an animal, and cursing like a sailor. That brick was no match for my rugged biceps and fierce resolve. After about 2 or 3 hours, I won.
The walls are a little torn up, and that paper is NEVER coming off. I'm thinking I'll either have to re-paper over the old crapola, or do some venetian or textured plaster walls. Gotta figure out those floors though. They aren't looking up to snuff. I'll have to do some homework on that one. Cork, maybe? That would look pretty dope.
Also, I've penciled in where I'd like to cut to make the door wider (as seen in above photo), and adding an archway for architectural interest. Still have to decide how big of a window I'm putting in the back wall. I love a picture window over the sink, but I don't know where the sink end up.
I also made the executive decision to remove the stairs. More blood, sweat and tears involved there. While I didn't actually cry... I thought about it.
The landing is just one big block of balsa, wood-glued (naturally) on three sides to the bare plywood walls/floor. Fantastic. The piano room is too small for an effective hammer swing, so I'm sure you can imagine how it all went down. I did a celebratory touchdown dance when I finally busted that godforsaken thing loose.
Needless to say, I'm much more motivated to revamp old furniture right now than to do any serious interior design projects. And I'll be needing to save my pennies for electricity which needs to happen before walls and ceilings anyways. I've been working on a few pieces that I'm pretty excited about, will be posting pics probably later on tonight. The kitchen island is going to be spectacular, and the fridge is starting to look pretty swanky, too!