Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a major renovation of miniscule proportions

Testing. Testing... is this thing plugged in?

So it's funny how things keep forcing me to get modern and embrace the technology around me, despite my better judgement. I don't know if I ever would have created a blog if not for Emily Henderson's "I Am A Giant!" dollhouse challenge, but I'm kind of looking forward to it.



When I was about 11 or 12, I begged my dad to build a dollhouse with me. We bought a Greenleaf kit, the Glencroft...

Well, we started it. And I have absolutely no recollection as to what happened to it after that weekend. I know it hung around for a while but it quickly fell off the priority list for dad, who shortly after buying it, managed to hook me up with a brand new set of twin sisters. I never lost hope that I would get a dollhouse, I just happened to lose out on this one. Bummer, dude.

Not to worry, a few months ago a friend gifted me an old handmade plywood 6 room dollhouse (with which I had some history). And a few weeks ago I saw an etsy blog post about dollhouse stuff, I figured it was fate and that's how I found out about the I'm A Giant Challenge. Now I'm elbow-deep in a major renovation of miniscule proportions. Gotta be done by December 15th. Ouch, this is going to hurt a little. I'm totally stoked about this challenge, and I'd work on it every waking moment if I could. But I like my husband, and have a desire to stay married. So we'll see what happens to my momentum.


2 comments:

  1. I have a favor to ask, could you add a Blog Archive to your right column? It would make it easier for people to find all of the cool posts you have already made.

    In Blogger if you click on the "Design" tab, it should take you to "Page Elements" where you can edit the page layout. Look for "Add a Gadget" over on the right column. Choose "Blog Archive" (almost at the bottom of the list) then pick you settings for you you want it to be displayed.

    Personally, I like
    style = hierarchy
    options = Show Post Titles
    archive frequency = monthly

    I think that is the easiest settings for people to peruse your past posts.

    :D
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. O. M. G. Thank you. Done, and done.
    I've been wondering how to do stuff like this from the start, but haven't read any forums. Such a slacker.

    ReplyDelete